Yang Will Li
Rock & Mineral Physics Lab
Department of Geology & Geophysics
310 Pillsbury Drive SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Email: lixx0839 at umn.edu
* Ph.D student, Geophysics, University of Minnesota (Advisor: David Kohlstedt)
* B.S. degree, Geophysics, Peking University, Beijing, China (Advisor: Yonghong Zhao)
* B.S. degree, Applied Mathematics, Peking University, Beijing, China
* Water diffusivity in mineral rocks and its influence on rock’s physical and chemical properties
* Water cycle in deep earth and its impact on the formation of different layers
* Microstructure and FTIR techniques
1. Y. Li, “Effects of water content on the weakening mechanisms of earth material in mantle”, poster at EURISPET- European Intensive Seminars of Petrology, 2010, Zurich, Switzerland.
2. Y. Zhao, X. Li, Y. Li, M. Zimmerman, D. Kohlstedt, “Experimental study of high temperature and high-pressure rheology of fayalite.” ACTA PETROLOGICA SINICA, 2007,China.
3. Y. Zhao, C. Qi, Y. Li, M. Zimmerman, D. Kohlstedt, “High strain torsion experiment on olivine aggregates.” ACTA PETROLOGICA SINICA, 2007,China.